Monday, February 18, 2013

The apartment hunt



I knew it would be hard. But this hard, really? We search, we visit, we like it - no money, we don't like it but could afford it. Oh well... The thing is, we see a lot of apartments and rooms, we meet creepy people (more on that later...), we meet good people in creepy houses. Welcome to NY, Inov's!

Another problem is that we don't have any guarantees so we need to pay the 5 months ahead. Ouch! Yesterday we say a good apartment in a great area and the only issue is we need another person to be able o pay 5 months up front. Fingers crossed for one that arrives to city today. I can imagine myself on East Village - no doubt.

About the creepy guy I told you on he first paragraph... I was quite happy to be visiting a house on Gramercy - a nice area - until I met my potential roommate. In his 50's or 60's looking like he's waiting for some action. Oh god. Notwithstanding the fact that the flat was great and that you could see the Empire State Building from the window it was a big no no and I thank one of my new NY friends for texting me at that time and saving me from that situation. (The creepy guy was talking about me not worrying about he and his girlfriend having sex around and me getting used to walking from the bathroom to the room in my towel. Say no more - bye bye!)

Yesterday we also went to Brooklyn to see a flat, I had never been to Brooklyn and Williamsburg seemed pretty nice, european-like and full of young people. Very enjoyable. Nonetheless I preferred the East Village one.

I am starting to feel that we will be set this week and that we can now start to enjoy the city! Today is a national holiday so kudos to that and let's get in the freezing cold (-8ºC feeling like -14ºC with the windchill...) and enjoy.

Kisses
Maria Ana
Follow Something beautiful

---
Eu sabia que ia ser difícil. Mas tão difícil, a sério? Nós procuramos, nós visitamos, se nós gostamos - não há dinheiro, não gostamos, temos dinheiro. Bem... A questão é, fartamo-nos de ver apartamentos e quartos, conhecemos pessoas sinistras (já conto mais...), conhecemos pessoas decentes mas em casas que não o são. Bem-vindos a NY Inov's!

Outro problema é que não temos garantias bancárias, pelo que nos pedem muitas vezes para pagarmos os 5 meses adiantados. Ouch! Ontem vimos uma casa bem porreira, numa zona muito boa e o problema é que nos falta uma pessoa que queira fazer os pagamentos assim à cabeça. Figas para que seja um dos que chega hoje à cidade. Consigo imaginar-me em East Village - certamente.

Acerca do senhor sinistro que vos falei no primeiro parágrafo... Estava eu toda contente por visitar uma casa em Gramercy - uma boa zona - até conhecer o meu potencial roommate. Com os seus 50, 60 anos com ar de quem queria festa. Oh god. Não obstante o facto de a casa ser boa e de se ver o Empire State Building da janela, aquilo foi um não redondo e só agradeço a um dos meus novos amigos daqui me ter mandado uma mensagem na altura certa e de me ter salvado daquela situação. (O homem sinistro já me estava a falar de eu não me preocupar de ele e a namorada andarem aos pinotes pela casa e de eu me habituar a ele ver-me a passar de toalha da casa de banho para o quarto. Nem diga mais nada - adeuzinho!)

Ontem fomos também a Brooklyn visitar uma casa, nunca tinha ido lá e Williamsburg pareceu-me muito giro, meio ao estilo europeu e cheio de gente jovem. Muito agradável. Mesmo assim, prefiro East Village.

Começo a sentir que esta semana somos capazes de ficar resolvidos de casa e que podemos começar a viver a cidade! Hoje é feriado, hurra! Vamos lá para o gelo (-8º com windchill fica -14º...) e aproveitar.

beijinhos
Maria Ana

Follow Something beautiful

No comments:

Did you read these?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...